Medway Archives
  • Title
    BURHAM, ST. MARY THE VIRGIN PARISH RECORDS
  • Reference
    P52
  • Date
    1627-1981
  • Level of description
    fonds
  • Administrative history / biography
    In 1881 the medieval St. Mary's Church, Burham, was closed and replaced by a Victorian building also in Burham. Both churches were dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin. The medieval church was known as Burham Old Church and survives as a redundant church; the new church was known as Burham New Church and was demolished in 1981.