Medway Archives
  • Title
    BORSTAL, ST. MATTHEW PARISH RECORDS
  • Reference
    P305B
  • Date
    1879-2001
  • Level of description
    fonds
  • Administrative history / biography
    The village of Borstal received its own church in 1879, serving as a district church of St. Margaret's parish, Rochester, whose boundaries it lay inside until Borstal became a parish in its own right on 10 December 1901. Consequently for the period prior to 1879 reference should be made to the Rochester, St. Margaret's parish records (collection P305).